NDC Medical Development
The successful development and commercialization of critical Nitinol medical components is a balancing act, as design objectives compete with technical constraints. NDC engineers and scientists apply state of the art design optimization, analysis, and processing innovations to transform device concepts into world class Nitinol components.
We understand the rigorous demands of medical device development because we have developed some of the most successful Nitinol devices on the market. NDC offers a comprehensive array of technical, analytical, and consulting services that are integrated to serve the complex demands of the medical component development process. From conceptualization to commercialization, we are ready to put our experience to work for you.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for design exploration, virtual experiments, stress and fatigue analysis, including regulatory submission support & consulting
- Process development and optimization, including forming, heat treatment, and state of the art surface finishing
- Engineering specifications, solid models, and tooling to support reliable and robust manufacturing
- Test, measurement, and inspection plan development
- Mechanical Tensile Testing per ASTM F2516
- Thermal Testing (DSC or LVDT) per ASTM F2004 & ASTM F2082
- Potentiodynamic Corrosion Testing per ASTM F2129
- Galvanic Corrosion Testing
- Fatigue Testing & Analysis
- Radial Force & Crush Testing
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy
- Hydrogen Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Metallurgical Cross Section Analysis
- Specialized & Custom Designed Test Development based on customer demands
- Expert assistance with the daunting task of submissions to regulatory agencies in the US and Europe
- As an extension of your regulatory department, we can provide technical support during and after your submissions and filings
Right-Track Wrong-Track Analysis
The goal of our Right-Track Wrong-Track Analysis is to provide engineers with exceptionally cost-efficient advice early-on in the development process, before tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars are wasted on mistakes a few words from our experts could have prevented. Click here to learn more.